Wednesday, March 13, 2013

We're All in This Together

After a long and exhilarating  drive, I was driving the stick shift, I arrived in Farmington, NM.  I shadowed a different neurosurgeon today in clinic.  We saw a lot of cases with varying degrees of spinal stenosis and a herniated disc, both of which I have seen the corresponding surgery.  It was very interesting to experience three different doctors and to see the different way they handled themselves and addressed/diagnosed problems.  It was not only the doctors that I observed and contrasted, but I also looked at all the different jobs that go into running a hospital.  This day was a great opportunity to look at some of the other career choices in the medical field.  Each person in a hospital has their own special way of contributing the the healing and care of patients.          

No comments:

Post a Comment